-->

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Tyson and I had an action packed Valentine's Day!

We started out the day by going to our first Valentine's party at Mommy and Me class at Good Samaritan Hospital.  At the party, my friend Shelly took pictures of all the babies.  She did a wonderful job, and I even snuck a mommy and son picture.  I love it because I don't have any!

We all brought in treats and some of us (not me) made valentine's.  I sat and talked with my good friend Janelle and watched Shelly's daughter while Shelly was taking pictures.  I also talked to other mothers about being a mommy :)  I love going and getting out the house with my little guy!

After the hospital, Tyson and I met my sister Melanie, her daughter Kailey, and my mom at Hop Jack's for lunch.  It was fun to see all of Kailey's valentine's from her pre-school.

Then, Tyson, my mother, and I went to my classroom's Valentine Party!  This was my first day back to school since I went on maternity leave on January 13th.  I was so excited to see my students and introduce them to Tyson, but I was a little nervous also.  I was worried about germs and Tyson crying :)  It turned out wonderfully. Tyson did great and it was SO good to see my class.  I miss them all so much!  They showered me with hugs and valentines!

When we were leaving, they presented me with a "How to" guide on "How to Be the Best Parents Ever."  Each student in class wrote a five paragraph essay on how to be the best parents.  Adam and I had a great time reading them.  It was so thoughtful of my long term substitute to organize this for me.  Some of the suggestions were: play football with Tyson, bring Tyson to Disneyland, let him play video games, etc. It will definitely be a gift I will always cherish!

I was so lucky to have two Valentine's this year - my amazing husband Adam and my perfect son Tyson!

No comments:

Post a Comment