-->

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Classroom Baby Shower

My students (and their parents) threw me an incredible baby shower on December 1st in our classroom.  The shower was not a surprise but I was very much surprised with everything the parents had planned and the amazing gifts I had recieved.  I really appreciated all the effort my student's parents put into throwing me such an incredible shower.  My students were so excited for the shower and couldn't wait to celebrate.  Many of them hadn't ever been to a shower so it was a special event for them.

One of my favorite things about the shower was that my students got to participate in so many activities.  They all cut a piece of string to guess how big my belly was and they got to guess how many hershey kisses were in a big bottle.  They also all guessed my due date, I'm excited to see who won.  The parents provided prizes for all the winners which was really great for the kids.

I received so many wonderful gifts and got to sit in an adorable white rocking chair as I opened them.  Tyson got some new clothes, a stroller blanket, some beautiful handmade burp rags, toys, blankets, hats, socks, shoes, etc.   The entire class went in on a class gift and got me a Graco Pack and Play and a Graco infant swing.

I was so overwhelmed by the love and generosity my students showed to me and Tyson.  They are so excited to meet Tyson and I am so excited for them to meet him.  I am TRULY going to miss my students when I'm on my maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment