-->

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

24 Week Dr. Appointment

Today Adam and I had our 24 week doctor's appointment.  I always look forward to the monthly check ups because we get to hear our baby's heartbeat.  It's amazing to feel a little kick and hear it at the same time!  Every time we go in and hear the heartbeat, they say we have an active baby.  We're not sure if this is a good thing or not ;)  One thing we do know for sure is that we have a healthy baby and mommy.

Everything so far has gone perfect and we feel so blessed to say that.  Next month is when we take the gestational diabetes test so the doctor told me I needed to lay off the sweets, this is harder than it sounds as I am a HUGE junkfood eater!  I also love fruits and veggies and she told me I need to eat less of that and more protein rich foods like meats and cheeses!  This might be a tough month!

My feet are starting to really hurt and my regular pre-pregnancy jeans are now going to have to stay in my dresser drawers.  I haven't vomitted in 4 week which is fabulous, although I get nauseas here and there.  I find that when a student drops a pencil on the floor, it's getting a lot harder to pick up!  I moved my class desks around today which wore me out a bit :( and when I went to get our COWS (Computers on Wheels) from down the hall yesterday, I almost broke a sweat!  I'm starting to get warm which is very unlike me so the classroom windows tend to stay open quite a bit.  I am so blessed to have the most wonderful students this year.  God has truly blessed me with an amazing husband, a healthy pregnancy and baby, and an outstanding group of students amongst so many other things.

There is a ton of movement in my stomach throughout the day and I LOVE it!  I can't help but want to hold my ever growing belly all day long but refrain from doing so around my students.  On Friday, Adam and I went to a movie.  Adam had his elbow resting up against my stomach and all of a sudden, the baby started kicking like crazying, it was cute to have Adam be able to feel the baby move throughout the movie (he informed me, the baby liked baseball movies). I tried on my Halloween costume a few weeks ago and it fit great... question is, how will it fit at the end of October?!

We scheduled the last of our appointments today, we can't believe how quickly time has flown!  The baby will be here before we know it, and we can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment