-->

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Adam's 31st Birthday

When Adam turned 30 last year, we had to have his big party at my parent's house because we weren't able to get into our house yet.  I felt like it was a little bit of a disappointment so I wanted to throw another party this year.  I decided to throw a Murder Mystery Dinner Pary based in the 80's.  The party was a blast.  Everybody that came was dressed in character of the role they played for the party.  We had a former Miss USA (me), Texas Billionaire that invented the Rubiks Cube and Atari (Adam), LaDonna (Marci), 80's workout girl (Erin), and many other great characters.  My girlfriend, Gelinda, opened a new company called The Cupcake Box and made adorable cupcake toppers for me.  They were old school 80's cassette tapes!  The house was decorated black, teal, and pink, true 80's colors!    '



On top of role playing all night, I served a lasagna dinner and finally used my dinner table.  I love our table because I can use it to serve dinner, and Adam can take off the top and play poker!  It's seriously the greatest invention ever created because it serves two purposes. 



Once we were done solving the crime and eating dinner, Adam and the boys played poker all night while the girls and I chatted the night away.  Me, being pregnant, didn't last long from working all day on planning the party and standing in stilletto heels so I crashed a little early. 

All in all the party was great! It was unique and fun! Thanks to Marci, Katie, and Nicole for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment