-->

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Fun Stuff - Decorating the Nursery!

Today we made our first furniture purchase that we were actually able to take home (the crib and dresser should be here in October and my glider and ottomon should be here this week).  We bought a beautiful five shelf bookshelf from Target (on sale might I add).  It will be a great place to store the baby's toys and books when he's younger and allow mommy to display some adorable findings (like my lamp I found on clearance) and some cute picture frames and such.  I couldn't wait to put the shelf together so we did it today!  It already looks great with the clearance baskets I found.

I have been shopping (not buying) a ton and wish I had a million dollar budget!  Adam's getting a little worried and said to me, "I can't wait to see how much it's going to cost when the baby actually gets here."  I have found some great quotes on etsy that I want to put on the wall and need to find the perfect letters to spell out the baby's name for above the crib (so cliche, I know). 

I can't seem to find the perfect crib set  yet.  I have found 3 that I love but they are all extremely expensive.  I know bumpers are dangerous for babies to sleep with but I can't help but want one for looks (that I will pull out when the baby is in his crib).  I'm looking for gray so if you find the perfect one... send it my way!
Here are my two options so far:

The nursery colors are beige, gray, black, white.  There will be a TINY hint of sports decor!  The furniture is Black!  Can't wait to make some more progress, hopefully this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment