-->

Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's a BOY!!!!

On Thursday, August, 25th at 1:00pm we had our gender revealing ultra sound.  I was so nervous all day (not sure why), and couldn't wait to get to there.  I was excited to find out the gender but didn't care if it was a boy or girl (although Adam was rooting for a boy),  I just want a healthy, happy baby.  When the doctor revealed the sex, Adam had the biggest smile on his face (he might have even given a fist pump). 



When we left the office, we both wanted to tell our families and friends so badly but had a surprise waiting for them at 5:30.  It killed us not being able to tell everyone but I had worked hard on creating a surprise and didn't want it to go to waste.  We met my family at 5:30 at Mazatlan in Bonney Lake.  Everyone was anxious to find out but I had to take a poll to see what everyone's guesses were first.  I had crafted mustaches or lips on a stick and everyone there had to choose which one they thought it was.  4 thought it was going to be a boy and 3 thought it was going to be a girl.
Once everyone made their guess, we were going to sit down and eat dinner.... but, everyone was too anxious and wanted to know the gender (and I can't keep a very good secret), so we decided to do the revealing.  I had ordered 12 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and a question mark on top.  From the outside, you couldn't see that the inside had either pink or blue frosting in it.  Once everyone bit into their cupcakes... they saw blue frosting... it's a BOY!!!!!



All in all it was a great night and we had so much fun telling our family and friends.  Now we can't wait to work on the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment