-->

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tyson and Ava's Baptism

Tyson was Baptized on April 15th at Trinity Lutheran Church in Enumclaw.  I know most churches, even the one Adam and I attend (when we go), baptize when the baptizee (sp?) is able to choose but we really wanted Tyson to be baptized as a baby.



I was baptized at Trinity Lutheran, as were all my siblings.  We grew up there and even got confirmed there.   We attended church every Sunday but when we got older, my parents stopped taking us because they wanted us to choose where we wanted to attend church.  I found a great non denominational church in Sumner that I absolutely love.  The pastor is extremely engaging and I found myself really looking forward to going to church every Sunday, it's also much closer than Enumclaw.

My Grandma Hahto was a member at Trinity until she passed in January.  My parents also were married there.  I wish my Grandma Haugen and Grandma Hahto who are both Lutheran could have been there for Tyson's special day, but I know they were watching from Heaven.

Tyson shared his day with his cousin Ava.  It was a beautiful day and Tyson was lucky enough to have 4 families as his sponsors.  They are, Brian and Melanie Jensen, BJ and Nicci Haugen, Marci Haugen, and Keri.  The church was filled with family and friends there to support Tyson and Ava. Tyson slept throughout the entire sermon, and woke for his actual baptism.  He was a perfect angel and didn't say a peep :)

We had a wonderful reception at my parent's house.  Everybody came to eat, socialize, and celebrate the baptisms.  We really appreciate the support from our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment