-->

Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's Been Awhile!

If you are reading this, you can thank my Aunt Marilyn for kicking my butt back into Blogging!  It's been so long and I have so many blogs to post.  Where did I leave off?

I returned back to school on April 2nd.  I considered calling my principal on April 1st and telling him I wasn't coming back for the year as an April Fool's Joke but decided he might not think that was very funny (even though he's the coolest principal in the world).

My first day back felt like the first day of school all over again!  I was nervous and was worried the kids weren't going to like me :(  I made the decision to choose a young long term sub for my position, fresh out of college.  She was amazing and the kids LOVED her!  They called me Ms. Pries for the entire first week back.  I'm sure Ms. Pries got called Mrs. Barker for quite awhile while she was there.  Anyway, the kids were so welcoming which made me feel great!  They gave me hugs, told me they missed me, a couple of them even brought me gifts!  They made a difficult first week back well worth it and not so difficult. 

My friends and family also made me feel happy to be back.  My wonderful husband sent me flowers, as did my sisters.  My girlfriend Dianna who teaches Kindergarten brought me in some flowers and a mother of a student I had last year also sent in flowers as well as a picture frame to put a picture of Tyson in.  I feel so lucky that so many people cared about me, my classroom looked and smelled like a floral shop. 

I planned my return perfectly because after working 5 days, I was on SPRING BREAK for 9 days and back holding my baby every day :)  I look forward to ending the year with such a wonderful class.  I love my students.

Ps. I only called home twice on my first day.  Pretty good I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment