-->

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Random Sunday Night Update

Tyson is now 10 1/2 months old and these last few weeks have been the most fun we've had with him so far!  A couple weeks ago, Adam went on his annual poker trip to Oregon with one of his friends.  He was gone for four days, and it was so much fun being able to bond one on one with Tyson.  Adam is SuperDad and gets home by 4:00 so we always have to "share" our time playing with our boy.  I really enjoyed having Tyson all to myself.  We were both THRILLED, however, to have Adam back home.  There is nothing better than having our little family of three together at home.

Tyson is crawling and "cruising" all over the place.  I learned today that "cruising" is the term used in reference to him walking along things like couches, and toys where he can hold on.  He's pretty good at getting from here to there without yet walking.  I told Adam today that we should start working on his walking, and Adam informed me that the longer Tyson crawls, the more coordinated he will be (for sports).  He told me he doesn't want Tyson walking until he is two - he was joking of course, I think ;)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when Tyson will crawl over to me with a book. He sits in my lap and I read him the same book over and over.  Right now, his favorite book downstairs is, "Old MacDonald."  I think Tyson loves seeing the animals, and hearing mommy make funny animal sounds :)   At night I read him a variety of books before bed, but I always read him Good Night Moon, and usually Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  His favorite thing right now is to squeek the pages with his fingers while I'm reading to him.  He will look up at me and smile - I LOVE it!

Tyson is also getting pretty good at playing ball.  He will throw the ball back and forth with Adam and I.  It is so adorable... although today I was trying to take a picture of him holding a ball for his first birthday invitations, and he kept throwing it at me.  Needless to say, I didn't get a picture!  He also loves bubbles in the bath, knocking over my tall towers, knocking things together to make noise, spinning the wheels on trucks, tractors, etc., dropping food from his high chair :(, mommy and daddy laughing, crawling over mommy and daddy, and so much more.

I imagine Tyson will continue to be more and more fun every day. I have truely cherished every second with him, and love watching him grow.  I already feel like my baby is becoming more and more like a little boy every day :(  So sad it's gone by so fast, but I'm so excited to do so many more things with him in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment